Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars program
Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars (SUSIs) are intensive post-graduate level academic programs with integrated study tours whose purpose is to provide foreign university faculty and other scholars the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions. The ultimate goal of the Institutes is to strengthen curricula and to enhance the quality of teaching about the United States in academic institutions abroad.
six weeks beginning in or after June 2019.
State Department will cover all participant costs, including program administration; travel and ground transportation in the United States; housing and subsistence; and book, cultural, mailing, and incidental allowances.
- American Culture and Values
- American Politics and Political Thought
- Contemporary American Literature
- Journalism and Media
- Religious Freedom and Pluralism
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- Youth, Workforce Development, and Closing the Skills Gap.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have firm plans to enhance, update or develop courses and/or educational materials with a U.S. studies focus or component
- Candidates should be mid-career, typically between the ages of 30-50.
- While the educational level of participants will likely vary, most should have graduate degrees and have substantial knowledge of the thematic area of the Institute or a related field.
- English language fluency (handle substantial reading assignments in English and to fully and actively participate in all seminar and panel discussions).
February 4, 2019
For more information please visit the website of the U.S. Embassy.
To apply, download the Application form (WORD; 70.91 KB)
For aditional information contact to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org